Thursday 2 February 2017

Beach-combing Activity


  1. Big Tobz Ft WSTRN, Avelino & Donae'o - Uno My Style RMX



This video which is a remix to my original music video song was found by myself during the beach-combing inspired me to have a white background and a fun type of minimal theme to my music video interpretation. I believe that this was one of the first things that captured me simply because the minimal black and white editing as well the white background is very effective and I believe should be incorporated in my music video simply because I believe that it allowed me to connect much more with the artists as there were no distracting backgrounds as everything was kept minimal as well as it helped me as a viewer to focus much more on the video rather than anything.




  1. A$AP Rocky - Fashion Killa (Explicit Version)


This video was found by myself during the beach-combing activity which we were set as a task and was originally one of my first ideas for the music which i wanted to execute however was changed. Due to the nature of my song and after transcribing my lyrics, This song was one of the first songs which popped up in my head due to the fact that the main lyrics in my song were 'Uno My Style' and in this video shown above 'A$AP Rocky and Rihanna' use the concept of Fashion in order to create something which doesn't look tacky or fake however really shows their personalities, lifestyles and Fashion sense which I would like to incorporate in my music video in the sense that I would like my artists or those in my music video to also be able to express their personalities and fashion sense in the video ie Through the choice of clothing or etc.



  1. Work REMIX (Explicit)

This video was found by myself during the beach-combing activity which we were set as a task and to be quite honest, I wasn't really drawn to the visuals or the actually editing in the music video itself even though it was very good and was an aspect which I really respect because it was different it was shown and wasn't your usual rap video however I can say the aspect which I was really drawn towards was the attitude of the artists in the sense of the personalities and the confidence which is shown which reflects the nature of the song. It highlighted to me also that similarly to my choice of song, I must ensure that my artists attitude comes across as confident and also captures the audience in this way in the sense that they mean what they say, essentially 'cocky and confident'.


  1. Maleek Berry: Kontrol (Official Video)

This video was found by myself during the beach-combing activity which we were set as a task and I believe this is where I got the most inspiration from for my music video idea and also beforehand even before the music video pitch as well as when my group was decided and we were looking for different ways in which we could present the video. The level of creativity in this video is completely crazy in the sense that the way everything was just visually expressed was truly wonderful from the introduction right to the end of the video, it was simply so playful from beginning to end and fitted very well with the theme of the song. The concept which I would grasp the most through coming across this video in the beach-combing activity was firstly, the playfulness of the video, It led me to understand that not every video must be simply a man walking down the street or just so simple to the point where it becomes cliche but this video reassured me that it was ok to let my creativity flow sometimes as being creative goes a long way. Secondly, I understood that little goes a long way in the sense that, the different characters portrayed by the girls in the video shown by the way they are dressed, they way they present themselves in the form of body language, how they look and the props which they had, everything formed the video and allowed it to come together which was in a sense really magically and honestly did inspire my creativity especially because before even watching this video, I already had in mind some similar concepts to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment